Monday, July 7, 2014

The Power of Photography

I have stopped fights with threatening to take a photo of what was happening. My camera has contributed to heightening the eroticism between two lovers but for the first time I changed the hiring policy. Years past the women working at my gatehouse were uniformly young...not so the men. About a year ago I asked a new employee girl if I could take her photo-there at the gate. It so disturbed her she went to management complaining. Tme passed and she bleached her hair and again I asked to takew her portrait. Next thing I know the vice squad is visiting my house and she is trying to place a restrining order on me(!). THEN the gatehouse transforms. Now only women over 40 years and older. The power of the camera!





July 4th celebration at Dan and Mary's casa


my brother Jeff at his NM home




Darren as a Smith brother cough drop at 4th of July


Amy and Leo Wang at 4th of July (note how mom and Leo are wearing same color sense)



Lela Wang. Harvey Wang, the dad and husband is someone I knew in NYC when we both shot for the Soho Weekly News. 


pizza with Jim Reed in Superior, AZ


Hugh Williams, my former student at ICP and School of Visual Arts in NYC, came to visit and I tk him on the 8 mile loop at Saguaro East National Park. He, of course, totally got into the saguaros. I tk him for lunch at the Tanque Verde ranch.


It's a buffet and we arrived late with the buffet out for only ten more minutes so we stocked UP.


me by my publisher friend Tim Schafner. 

my cactus advisor, Mike Ellis, at Tohono Chul Park





















No comments:

Post a Comment